Monday, April 5, 2010

Away We Go...

I woke up today, and I weighed myself.

The scale said 139.4.

It might not sound that bad, but with a B.M.I. of 25.6, I am officially overweight, for the first time in my life.

That is bad.

Mama is not happy.

I knew that I would be taking the first step's of what I hope will be a weight loss journey, today. My original plan was to go in without a plan. I thought it would be a revolutionary idea, to buck convential wisdom, to prove that a plan was not imperative to weight loss.

Two buttered rolls, three Peeps, and about 24 ounces of Pepsi later, I am pretty sure that I was wrong.

Instead, my plan of attack will be (for the next two weeks):

  • Head to the gym for cardio at least three days a week, for 45 minutes.
  • Do a full strength training workout at least one day a week. (Strength training intimidates me.)
  • Limit myself to 1200-1500 calories a day.
  • Track all food and drink on Spark.
  • Only weigh myself on Mondays. 
I guess, there isn't much more than that for now! I am sure I will get into who I am, and how I got here, at some point, but for now...

Away we go...

1 comment: